1. What made you decide you wanted/needed to start a pain recovery therapy programme?
I was fed up with experiencing knee pain when exercising. It was often preventing me from doing things and made me think negatively about exercise.
2. What results have you achieved since starting your recovery therapy programme?
I experience virtually no pain in my knees now and if on the very rare occasion I do now I use it as a starting point to discovery about what is going on in my body rather than a spiral of negative thoughts about my knees and general health.
3. What do you like best about the recovery coaching programme?
It helped me dig down through some limiting beliefs which I still had about myself
4. What would you say to someone on the fence about having pain recovery coaching?
Give it a go – what have you got to lose!
5. Is there anything else you would like to share? Any other improvements you’ve noticed?
After a history of anxiety and depression which I had worked on extensively I had started noticing ‘problems’ in my body. As well as knee pain I also had bouts of IBS, Tinnitus, and general aches and pains in my back. I now have very few IBS problems and fewer aches and pains as I am more aware when I am holding tension in my body and addressing it by meditating, using mindfulness and journaling. Maria has helped me learn some new techniques to manage my anxiety more effectively which in turn has manifested itself in better all round health.